Thursday, July 24, 2008

one month down, one to go

Kanako is here! Erin and I picked her up at the Delhi airport very early this morning and I happily passed over the reins as Ryan's official "caregiver."

Today I officially moved into my new apartment. Here are the pros and cons of my new pad.

Pros:
  • I have the whole 3-bedroom apartment to myself, at least for the next three weeks
  • air conditioning
  • wireless internet
  • I am paying much less than it is actually worth (see the first point)
Cons:
  • location - it's a bit farther out than I had hoped for, tonight I had some difficulty getting a rickshaw that wanted to go that far (but I still only spent $2.00 to get there, and it took about half an hour)
  • location
  • location
I accidentally left my camera at the hospital today, so I'll post some pictures of it tomorrow. Instead, please enjoy this photo of two monkeys on leashes, one wearing a dress and the other about to bite me in the face.




2 comments:

Ryan Rae said...

this photo was taken just before Sarah was mauled and sent immediately back to Green Park Hospital...just kidding.

kristina said...

rickshaw from home to the hospital: $2.00
vanity fair magazine: $4.95
being mauled by a monkey in a dress & her angry sidekick in india: priceless

hope you ALL are doing well...happy celling!