Tuesday, August 19, 2008

just another day in the pool


Today, much to the dismay of the Indian "lifeguards" (I put that in italics because I'm not convinced they actually do any life-guarding - it appears to me that many of the swimmers are nearly drowning and no one jumps in to save them), I taped Ryan and Michael swimming in the pool. Much of the audio on the videos I took includes me attempting to reason with the lifeguards about why I should be allowed to break the rule of "nothing on the deck" - which appears to include towels, bottles of water, apparently cameras, and, at one point, wheelchairs. I finally was able to convince them I should be able to tape by explaining that the doctors wanted to see Ryan and Michael's progress (this was not entirely true, though Dr. Ashish did express his interest in seeing the footage later.) This permitted me to tape for a few minutes, but then I was told my time was up. Lame.

But here is a video of Ryan swimming breaststroke. It's hard to see her hips moving forward like I mentioned in my last blog - I can see that best when I'm underwater. But she does look pretty freaking fast, and I think you all can agree (particularly those of you who have seen her swim breast before she came to India.) Even she says that her breaststroke feels faster.

No comments: